Sunday, April 27, 2014

Book While We Wait -- April 2014 Edition

As you know, we are buying a new children's book each month while we wait. Since the original post has gotten rather long to keep reposting, I'm trying something different.  I will still update the original list and have added a link near the header, but each month I will only post about the new book.  If you want to see the entire list, please feel free to click on the link at the bottom and review the other ones :)


ABC Adoption & Me by Gayle SwiftABC, Adoption & Me by Gayle H. Swift, with Casey A. Swift
I first heard of this book when it was suggested to me on Google+ after posting updates to our current book list.  The book creators were generous enough to send me a pdf preview of the book.  Once I read it, I knew this book belonged with the other books we've been purchasing while we wait.

This book was written by an adoptive mom and her daughter bringing together many adoption and family themes tied to letters of the alphabet.  I appreciate the wide variety of topics covered, the diverse families represented in the illustrations, and the different types of adoptions mentioned.  I think it will be a great book to read to start discussions in the future about adoption.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...