Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pool Noodle Light Sabers

This is a project we did over a month ago but I didn't get a chance to write about it.

When summer gear at stores went on clearance, we were able to score a pool noodle at half off.  There were several projects I was considering for the pool noodle (since we don't have a pool or frequent a lake often enough to use it for swimming).  I pulled up a few on pinterest and my son thought a pair of light sabers would be fun. 

light sabers made from pool noodles

Loved that this one was so simple to do.  I cut the pool noodle in half.  Covered the bottom portion with duct tape to make a handle.  Then we decorated it with electrical tape and painter's tape. 

The kiddo and I had an epic backyard battle that afternoon.  He thought I was being crazy when I was trying to add the appropriate sound effects to our battle.  He and Dad later had a big battle as well.  He was pretty excited to use them whenever a friend comes over to play.

Simple and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...