Monday, December 17, 2012

A Quick Felt Tree for the Busy Bag

Saturday I was working on another project and ended up with a bunch of felt scraps.  I was thinking about Sunday's church service, with last weekend's snow storm the little kids Christmas program was being combined with the adult choir cantata.

I thought something new would help my little boy make it through the extra long service. This was the result.



Its simply a plain 8x11 blue piece of felt, a green triangle, and then a variety of shapes to create a Christmas tree to decorate.  I rolled it up in the blue felt and tied it with ribbon.  It took less than 15 minutes since many of the pieces were in my scrap pile.  An easy stocking stuffer or fun surprise for a Christmas Eve service.

The best part -- he played with it at church for nearly 45 minutes!

Many times the tree looked something like this :)  But tree creatures that keeping him busy make this momma smile!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...