Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vacation Photo Overload :)

We had a wonderful vacation to California.  It was a busy few days with stops at Disneyland, California Adventure, time in the hotel pool, supper with friends, and a morning at the beach.  Here's some of my favorites.

Meeting Disney Characters
At first he was shy (and a few he didn't like at all) but soon he was pretty excited to meet some of his favorite characters.  Mickey, McQueen, Mater, Woody and Tigger are the ones he mentions the most :)  The best part is after he'd met them and taken a picture, he always called out a loud "Good-bye" as we left the photo area.
 
 
Rides and Lots of Fun
Even though he was half an inch shorter than the 40 inch requirement on quite a few rides, he had fun and did great waiting in lines.  He surprised me by asking to go on the big Mickey Ferris Wheel a second time.

The Beach
The photos at the beach just make me laugh.  He had soooo much fun chasing waves and playing in the sand.  Of course, we went to the beach the morning before our flight home and I honestly intended to just "walk on the sand and dip our toes in the water".  Somehow it did not occur to me that the sentiment would not translate well to my 3.5 year old -- I know, I should have seen it coming, but wow was he covered in sand and soaked from head to toe!  Good thing the beach area had a shower, though my husband did have to go for a quick walk to buy a beach towel :)

It was a great vacation, full of so many memories.  The time went quick but still its nice to be back home on the gravelly road.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great trip! So glad you had the chance to go together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...