Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The big owies...

Yesterday my kiddo hit a milestone that I'm grateful we've avoided for quite a while, especially for my rough-and-tumble boy... first injury requiring medical attention. 

He was playing tug-a-war with the dog.  He was pulled forward and then the dog let go.  He stumbled backward and his head hit the corner of the wall near him.  A visit to the doctor, two staples and many tears later, he was ready to go out to eat for pineapple pizza at his favorite restaurant.  We opted for carryout instead (causing more tears).  He's fine today and very proud of his staples this morning at preschool.

Me on the other hand... The look on his face when he heard the doctor say staples (I know a picture of Dad's big desk stapler was in his mind).  The hurt in my heart to have to hold him while they put in the staples.  At least he could be on my lap, hugging me tight, during the whole ordeal.  Thankfully it wasn't more serious. 

It makes me pause and remember all those mommies that are holding their little ones through pains so much bigger -- serious illnesses, surgeries, cancer treatments, etc.  I realize how often I take our good health for granted. 

Lord, please watch over those mothers (and fathers) and their little ones.  Cover them with your love and protection.  Give them the strength they need to make it through each day.



4 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's so scary! One of my big fears (as I hate the sight of blood!) So glad he's doing ok now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful words- we are those parents who are holding our little girl through her cancer treatments etc. Hope your little boy is ok now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then my prayers are with you and your little girl. Hugs! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...