Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monsters!

(This is a project we did last week but I ran out of time to post it)
We had the directions for this project in a Disney Year Book (2003) of stories I picked up at a garage sale.  Each time we finished the Monsters Inc story and saw the project on the following page, my little boy would look up at me with his big blue eyes and ask "Some day, when I'm big, can we make those mosters?" So you can imagine his excitement when I finally told him "Yes".  He nearly sprinted to the table (Of course I was not prepared for his extreme enthusiasm and still had to get out all the supplies, oops).

Supplies:
Styrofoam balls
Pipe cleaners
Googly eyes
markers, glue, construction paper, glitter glue or whatever else you might need to decorate a monster

First we colored the styrofoam balls with markers (per the directions) but it didn't work well and we moved on... 

And glued on the eyes

Added some pipe cleaners and construction paper for legs, arms, mouth etc.  (We attempted to make standing monsters but I was not patient enough, so ours sit)

Then for extra fun, we got out the glitter glue... don't all monsters have glitter?

Special "Thank You" to Aunt Becca and the amazing box of craft supplies at Christmas that helped with this fun craft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...